Ah, the pumpkin—we carve it, bake it into pies, add it to our lattes and burn candles to fill our homes with its warm, spiced scent. It’s the face of fall, and a staple in Halloween decorations everywhere.
If you’re looking for a new way to incorporate real pumpkins into your decor, we’ve got the most chic DIY for you. Here’s how to turn a pumpkin into a flower vase!
- Medium-size pumpkin
- Carving knife
- Glass vase (around the same height as your pumpkin)
- Bouquet of flowers
1. Place your glass vase on top of your pumpkin upside down and trace around it.
2. Remove the vase and use your carving tool to cut around the circle you drew. Make sure you are cutting straight up and down and not at an angle.
3. Carefully remove the top of the pumpkin. Then, scoop all the insides into a bowl. If you’re a fan of pumpkin seeds, pick them out and set them aside for baking!
4. Once your pumpkin is completely cleaned out, carefully place your vase into the pumpkin and press down until it’s no longer showing.
5. Pour water into your vase, and flower food to keep your flowers alive longer.
6. Arrange your flowers in your vase until you have a full bouquet.
7. Set your pumpkin vase somewhere it can be admired.