With the Buckeyes primed to defend their national championship, 2015 is shaping up to be an exciting year in Columbus. With school starting and two-a-day practices underway this August, what news could possibly add to the city’s anticipation and jubilation? The arrival of Redfin agents! Redfin’s state-of-the-art technology and service-obsessed agents are already getting locals to turn off HGTV and use Book It Now to schedule an on-demand, in-person home tour. People in Columbus can now work with local Redfin agents to buy and sell homes and use Redfin online and mobile tools to search for every home for sale in greater Columbus.
Redfin agents spend all of their time working with existing clients and zero time looking for new business, since most of Redfin’s customers discover the company through its website. As a result, Redfin operates very efficiently, and can pass along savings to its clients.
For buyers, Redfin refunds part of the buyer’s agent commission. For example, a homebuyer purchasing a $300,000 home with a Redfin agent would receive a refund of over $1,500 at closing. Redfin charges sellers a 1.5 percent listing fee instead of the typical 3 percent, while providing a beginning-to-end home-selling service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $300,000 home with a Redfin agent would save up to $4,500. To date, Redfin has saved its customers more than $200 million in real estate fees.
Like other Redfin agents, our real estate agents in Columbus earn salaries and receive health care and other benefits. We ask every customer to review their agent and every review–the good, the bad and the ugly–is published on Redfin.com. Redfin agents’ bonus pay is based on customer satisfaction, not commission.
Redfin hired Columbus native and die-hard Buckeyes fan Valerie Freeman to lead the Redfin business in her hometown. Freeman has been working in real estate for more than 13 years, most recently as a real estate agent at HER Realtors.
“Columbus is the best place in the U.S. to call home because it offers something for everyone,” said Freeman. “We’ve got a world-class university with a vibrant college town, several parks and community activities for families and children, and a cosmopolitan restaurant and nightlife scene. I’ve already heard from a number of people who are planning to buy a home with Redfin soon, and I can’t wait to offer my fellow Buckeyes a new, better way to buy and sell homes.”
Valerie is already on the ground in Columbus touring homes with buyers and guiding them through the offer, negotiation and closing processes and helping people sell their homes. If you’re thinking about buying or selling, feel free to reach out to Valerie, instantly book a home tour or start a conversation about your home’s value.
Redfin.com and the Redfin mobile apps also offer several ways to find out about homes for sale and the local market, even if you’re just dipping your toe in the water, including:
- Book It Now: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin 3D Walkthrough: High-resolution, interactive views from every angle inside homes listed with a Redfin agent (coming soon).
- Redfin Hot Homes: Proprietary algorithm that indicates which homes for sale are likely to sell within two weeks.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: A resource for buyers and sellers, that includes reviews of lenders, inspectors, title companies, handypeople and stagers, as well as feedback from Redfin agents.
We’re looking forward to meeting you! Stay tuned for an announcement about our first free home-buying class in Columbus.
Other Popular Articles: