Redfin has arrived in the biggest little city! People can work with a local Redfin real estate agent in Reno to buy and sell homes and can also use Redfin online and mobile tools to search for every home for sale in the greater Reno area too!
Redfin has a unique approach that combines technology and top-notch customer service to create a better real estate experience. Redfin technology empowers both our agents and customers with information and tools that make the home-buying and selling process more efficient, transparent and fun.
Because most of Redfin’s customers discover the company through its website, Redfin agents spend all their time working with existing clients and zero time looking for new business. As a result, Redfin operates very efficiently, and can pass along savings to its clients.
For buyers, Redfin refunds part of the buyer’s agent commission. For example, a homebuyer purchasing a $400,000 home with a Redfin agent would receive a refund of about $3,000. Redfin charges sellers a 1.5 percent listing fee instead of the typical 3 percent, while providing a beginning-to-end home-selling service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $400,000 home with a Redfin agent would save up to $6,000. To date, Redfin has saved its customers more than $200 million in real estate fees.
Like other Redfin agents, our real estate agents in Reno earn salaries and receive health care and other benefits. We ask every customer to review their agent and every review–the good, the bad and the ugly–is published on Redfin.com. Redfin agents’ bonus pay is based on customer satisfaction, not commission.
Redfin hired Jaime Moore, a real estate agent in Reno, to help launch and grow the brokerage in Reno. After graduating from the University of Washington with a degree in construction management, Jamie moved to Reno in 1998 where she began her career working for builders and developers in the area. She went on to get her real estate license and has now been helping people buy and sell homes for more than 16 years, most recently with Krch Realty prior to joining Redfin.
“Redfin will be a welcome addition to the Reno community. There’s always an opportunity to meet your neighbors and network, with local festivals and events happening throughout the year,” says Jaime Moore, a real estate agent in Reno. “The people of Reno have really embraced a growing startup culture as they will Redfin’s new, innovative way to buy and sell homes.”
Jaime is already on the ground in Reno touring homes with buyers and guiding them through the offer, negotiation and closing processes and helping people sell their homes. If you’re thinking about buying or selling, feel free to reach out to Jaime, instantly book a home tour or start a conversation about your home’s value. Redfin.com and the Redfin mobile apps also offer several ways to find out about homes for sale and what the local market is like even before you’re ready to dip your toe in the water, including:
- Redfin Hot Homes: Proprietary algorithm that indicates which homes for sale are likely to sell within two weeks.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Book It Now: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: Reviews of lenders, inspectors and title companies for buyers and handymen, stagers and more with feedback from Redfin agents.
We’re looking forward to meeting you! Stay tuned for an announcement about our first free home-buying class in Reno.