There are certain times in life when doing your research can really pay off. Negotiating your salary is one; buying a home is another. Fortunately, mobile technology is making it easier than ever to shop around and compare prices on the biggest purchase you’ll make in your life: your home. With the Redfin Real Estate apps — available on Android, the iPhone and iPad — you can peruse thousands of homes for sale, get detailed information on each and even schedule a home tour directly from the app.
Here are a few key features of the Redfin Real Estate app that will save you time — and stress — when house hunting:
- Home Search: With just a couple of taps, you can search for homes for sale (or sold homes) in a specific city, ZIP code, neighborhood or school attendance zone. You can narrow your search by property type (e.g., house or condo), price, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, square footage and other key features. Since Redfin is a real estate brokerage, we get information directly from local multiple listing services, which means the app has 20 percent more homes for sale than other non-brokerage real estate applications, and it is updated more frequently.
- Instant Updates: Once you’ve created a search, you can save that search and sign up to receive mobile or email notifications any time a home comes on the market that meets the search criteria. We’ll send an email or push notification to your phone within 30 minutes of the home coming on the market, so you’ll never miss out on your dream home because you were on the go.
- Home Details: In addition to beautiful home photos, Redfin provides all the details you need to decide if you’d like to tour a home, including bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage; financial information such as homeowners’ association dues and annual taxes; and the property history, including when it was listed and if it has dropped in price.
- Tour Insights: Redfin real estate agents are out touring homes every day, and their insights about those homes are shared on Redfin.com and the Redfin app. These “tour insights” are information that you can’t find anywhere else: if the home is on a busy street, when it appears to have been remodeled last or if it has a great view, for example.
- Favorite Homes: When you find a home you like, you can add it to your favorites by selecting the heart button. The home will be saved to your profile so you can easily find it again, and you’ll receive notifications any time something changes, like when it goes under contract or drops in price.
- See Homes in Person with a Redfin Agent: When you find a home that you’d like to see in person, simply select the “Add to Tour List” button, and then choose a date and time you’d like to tour the home with a Redfin agent. You can select up to six homes for each tour you go on. Once you’ve submitted your tour request, a Redfin representative will call you within a few hours to confirm the details.
- Notes and Camera: You can enter private notes about homes to help you remember what you like (or don’t like) about them. If you decide to tour a home, you can take photos from your camera phone during the tour, and save them to the home’s details page to view later.
- Open Houses: The Redfin app makes it easy to search for scheduled open houses. If you have an iPhone, you can even add those homes to your “Open House Schedule,” so you can easily plan multiple open house visits. You can also sign up to receive notifications when you’re near one of your favorite homes that is having an open house.
- Share: Redfin makes it easy to share home details with your loved ones via email, social media or text message.
- Ask an Agent: If you have questions about a particular home or neighborhood, or want to work with a Redfin agent, simply click the “Ask an Agent” button to submit your question, and a Redfin real estate agent will get back to you via email or phone, whichever you prefer.
Visit redfin.com/mobile today to download the Redfin Real Estate app on the platform of your choice, and tell us what you think in the comments!
Updated on July 15th, 2019