Today we launched Redfin Concierge Service, a new trial offering for home sellers in Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. In addition to the in-person service and custom online marketing of Redfin’s current 1-percent home-selling service, Redfin Concierge coordinates, supervises and pays for services such as deep cleaning, painting, staging and landscaping, all for a 2-percent listing fee. Redfin will create a custom plan for each home to make sure it has a great debut on the market.
“With Redfin Concierge Service, you hand us the keys, approve the action plan, and we take care of everything, including the bill,” said Roddy de la Garza, a Redfin listing agent in Los Angeles. “We help transform your home to get top dollar. And you still pay a lower fee than with a traditional real estate agent.”
Redfin Concierge Service offers more than many traditional listing agents, at a fee of 2 percent rather than the typical 2.5 or 3 percent. Redfin Concierge Service is available for homes priced at $500,000 or higher in Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles. The 2 percent fee does not include the buyer’s agent commission, a separate fee that’s also typically between 2 and 3 percent, and paid by the seller.
“Our goal is to offer, hands down, the best home-listing service out there, and that means serving more than one kind of home seller. Redfin Concierge Service reaches a new audience of home sellers who want to get their home in top shape for selling, but want their agent to handle everything,” said Karen Krupsaw, Redfin senior vice president of real estate operations. “We’re thrilled to offer these folks concierge-level service that complements the local expertise of our real estate agents, and the technology and marketing that Redfin has become known for.”
Sellers who want to get their home ready for market themselves can save the most money by choosing Redfin’s full-service listing service by itself, which is just 1 percent of the home’s price in Los Angeles, Washington, D.C., and most other markets. All Redfin-listed homes, no matter the service level, get the following services, paid for by Redfin:
- A dedicated listing agent with experience selling homes in the local area, backed by a team of support staff who make the process run smoothly;
- One of the industry’s most thorough pricing analyses, which combines Redfin’s proprietary algorithms for estimating the value of a home, and the expertise of a local Redfin agent;
- Professional photography;
- A Redfin 3D Walkthrough, letting buyers view a three-dimensional floorplan, then interact with every aspect of the home from any direction online, as if walking from room to room;
- Open houses, hosted by a Redfin agent, with visitors registered by our own iPad application for immediate follow-up;
- Online marketing, with the listing featured above others on Redfin.com, the U.S.’s #1 brokerage website. For each listing, Redfin also runs email and digital advertising campaigns for reaching just the right buyers;
- Pre-launch market research to Redfin buyers, with tools for gathering feedback on the number of interested buyers and what price they would pay for the property;
- Professionally designed and beautifully produced print brochures;
- The Redfin Home Dashboard, letting sellers track online visits to their listing and the latest competitive market conditions in their neighborhood.
For three consecutive years, Redfin has sold listings for more money, while charging a lower fee. Specifically, homes listed with Redfin sell for an average of $3,000 more than comparable listings across the country.
Redfin publishes comprehensive information about each of its agents, including homes they have sold, areas of expertise and customer reviews, so sellers can feel confident that their agent has the local knowledge and experience that’s right for them.