As locals know, Boise has a bit of everything: vibrant neighborhoods, a charming downtown and outdoor activities for every season. And now Boise has Redfin real estate agents! Starting this week, people in Boise can work with Redfin agents to buy and sell homes, and use Redfin.com and mobile tools to search for homes for sale across the metro area.
Paul Reid will lead the Boise team and grow the business locally. Paul is a veteran Redfin agent with a decade of real estate experience. He joined Redfin as an agent in Orange County, Calif. in 2010. In 2013, he moved on to lead Redfin’s expansion to the Inland Empire of Southern California in 2013.
After helping dozens of homebuyers and sellers achieve their goals and building an important market for Redfin, Paul went on to join Redfin’s new ventures team, collaborating with engineers, data scientists and leaders from across the country to evaluate and launch new growth opportunities for the company. A respected leader and innovator within Redfin and the real estate industry, we’re thrilled he’ll be bringing his expertise, creativity and passion for customer service to Boise.
“My wife and I had been considering a move to Boise for a while and I’m so excited to plant the Redfin flag here in the Treasury Valley. We’d been looking for a tight-knit community to raise our two little girls and we love that Boise has a small-town vibe, while also offering a lively downtown, the University, lots of restaurants, culture and natural beauty,” said Paul.
“When I launched Redfin in the Inland Empire four years ago, people were very receptive to our service and technology, and I am anticipating an enthusiastic response in Boise. The Boise real estate market is competitive and homes in desirable areas are moving fast. In Redfin.com and our mobile app, Boise homebuyers have a reliable and handy source of information on homes across the area. They can sign up for Redfin Instant Updates to find out immediately when a home hits the market. If they want to go see it right away, they can schedule a tour with a Redfin agent right from their smartphone. I’m excited to get started helping Boiseans navigate the market and get their dream home.”
The Redfin model is different from traditional brokerages in that it combines advanced technology with employee-agents who are paid a salary, receive benefits and earn bonuses based on customer satisfaction. Customer reviews for Redfin agents are published on their online profiles.
By pairing our own agents with our own technology, Redfin has created a service that is faster, better, and costs less. We meet customers through our listings-search website and mobile application, reducing the marketing costs that can keep fees high and allowing us to pass along savings to our clients.
For buyers, Redfin refunds part of the agent commission. For sellers, Redfin agents will charge a 1.5 percent listing fee in Boise, rather than the typical 2.5 to 3 percent, while providing a complete home-selling service including pricing and staging advice, free professional photography and marketing.
Redfin.com and the Redfin mobile apps also offer several ways to find out about homes for sale and about the local market, even if you’re just dipping your toe in the water, including:
- Book It Now: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Redfin 3D Walkthrough: High-resolution, interactive views from every angle inside homes listed with a Redfin agent. (Coming soon)
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: A resource for buyers and sellers that includes reviews of lenders, inspectors, title companies, handypeople and stagers, as well as feedback from Redfin agents.
- Redfin Estimate: A highly-accurate calculation of the market value of an individual home. (Coming soon)
We’re looking forward to meeting you! Stay tuned for information about our first free home buying class in Boise.