Back in 1901, pioneers fording the Deschutes River decided to settle near a river bend on the eastern edge of the Cascade mountains. The small mill town in the high desert has since developed into the largest city in Central Oregon. A little more than a century later, Redfin agents have arrived in Bend! That means when Bendites aren’t busy snowshoeing, skiing, paddle boarding, fishing and hiking (or grabbing a frosty craft brew in Old Mill Town), they can work with a local Redfin agent to buy and sell homes and use Redfin online and mobile tools to search for every home on the market in Deschutes County.
Redfin has a unique approach that combines technology and top-notch customer service to create a better real estate experience. Redfin technology empowers both our agents and customers with information and tools that make the home-buying and selling process more efficient, less stressful and more fun.
Redfin real estate agents spend zero time looking for new business. This means we can focus all our time on delivering great service while helping clients buy or sell their homes. This efficiency enables Redfin to pass savings on to our clients.
Redfin charges sellers a 1.5 percent listing fee instead of the typical 3 percent, while providing a beginning-to-end home-selling service, from pricing and staging advice and professional photography through the negotiation and closing processes. Someone selling a $400,000 home with a Redfin agent would save $6,000. To date, Redfin has saved our customers more than $200 million in real estate fees.
Like other Redfin real estate agents, our agents in Bend earn a salary and receive health care and other benefits. Their bonus pay is based on customer satisfaction, not just commission.
Redfin hired local real estate broker Jeff Lindikoff to help launch and grow the brokerage in Bend. An Oregon native and Portland State alum, Jeff spent his summers in Bend as a child and moved to the outdoor paradise in 2004. His career in real estate spans more than 20 years and he got his start as an agent with Remax before eventually launching his own real estate investment company, Capstone NW Real Estate, in 2004. Jeff also worked as a sales trainer for Hayden Enterprises and as the director of sales for Terramar Properties.
“From the peak of Mount Bachelor to the abundant blues of the Cascade lakes, Bend’s natural beauty and one-of-a-kind geography have been known to turn visitors into residents, and I’m thrilled to help Redfin make a home for itself and our customers here,” Jeff says. “Redfin’s special customer-centric approach and its technology will be a great fit for Bendites and for people moving to this gorgeous swath of Central Oregon.”
Jeff is already on the ground in Bend touring homes with buyers and guiding them through the offer, negotiation and closing processes, and helping people sell their homes. If you’re thinking about buying or selling, feel free to reach out to Jeff, schedule a tour or start a conversation about your home’s value. Redfin.com and the Redfin mobile apps also offer several ways to find out about homes for sale and what the local market is like even before you’re ready to dip your toe in the water, including:
- Redfin Hot Homes: Proprietary algorithm that indicates which homes for sale are likely to sell within two weeks.
- Redfin Matchmaker: Software that recommends unexpected listings to Redfin clients.
- Instant Tour Scheduling: Ability to instantly schedule a home tour with a Redfin agent with a single click from a browser, iPhone, iPad or Android app.
- Deal Room: A real-time guide through the closing process, including milestones, deadlines and tasks.
- Redfin Home Value Tool: A more accurate way to find out what your home is worth using self-selected comparable homes for sale in your market.
- Instant Updates: Smartphone or email notifications when new homes are listed or when prices drop.
- Search by School: Shows all the homes for sale served by a certain school with one easy search.
- Tour and Offer Insights: Real-time statistics and notes from Redfin agents about thousands of homes and offers.
- Redfin Open Book: Reviews of lenders, inspectors and title companies for buyers and handymen, stagers and more with feedback from Redfin agents.
We’re looking forward to meeting you! Stay tuned for an announcement about our first free home-buying class in Bend.