Seattle is in the midst of rapid change. A booming tech sector is bringing growth and prosperity like never before, and along with it, major challenges to affordability and livability.
Rising home prices are impacting our residents. How will we keep homeownership accessible for everyone? In the next 20 years, Seattle is expected to create 115,000 new jobs. How will the city adapt to meet the needs of its growing population? How can we preserve Seattle’s culture and foster thriving and diverse communities?
Join Redfin and KIRO 7 for a panel discussion on Feb. 24 to address these questions and discuss solutions.
Can’t make it? Watch a LiveStream from KIRO 7 and join the discussion online: #LivableSeattle.
Opening Remarks from Seattle Mayor Ed Murray
Keynote by Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman
Panel Discussion and Community Forum
- Pamela Banks, CEO and President, Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle
- David Cutler, Principal, GGLO Design
- Ed Lazowska, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Chair in Computer Science & Engineering, Professor at the University of Washington
- Nela Richardson, Chief Economist, Redfin
- Moderated by: Natasha Chen, Reporter at KIRO-TV
Wednesday, February 24
7:30 – 9:00 pm
Redfin Headquarters in Belltown
2025 1st Avenue, Suite 500
Seattle, WA 98121
This event is open to the public, but space is limited.
If you can’t make it in person, KIRO-TV will be live-streaming the event. Check back here for a link to the live stream.
Follow the conversation on Twitter #LivableSeattle