An open house is a great opportunity to tour a property and determine if it’s “the one,” but, until now, keeping track of a day of open house viewings could be overwhelming and confusing for buyers. With the launch of the Redfin Open House Schedule, you no longer have to create spreadsheets or keep track of all the details on paper. This easy alternative is available on Redfin.com and as part of the free Redfin iPhone app available for download in the Apple store.
The Open House Schedule helps you stay organized so you can spend more time searching for homes and less time jotting down notes. After spotting a home with an open house on Redfin.com, you can save it to your profile by selecting “Save to Open House Schedule.” Once you save the open houses you plan to attend, you can see a map of all the houses, along with the date and time of each open house, automatically organized by date and time for viewing on a PC, mobile phone or printed page. We let you save up to 20 open houses per day, just in case you are feeling extra ambitious.
Seeing homes is an on-the-go activity, so we also built the Open House Schedule into our iPhone app. You can save homes to your Open House Schedule directly from the app, or on your PC. When you log in with your Redfin account, your saved open houses sync across your web browser and iPhone so you can take your list with you without having to print. Our app also helps you get directions to the next home on your list with just a couple of taps.
If you can’t attend an open house, or if you’re concerned the home will sell before you get a chance to see it, Redfin agents can take you on a private home tour, sometimes even on the day you request a tour. It’s free, with no obligation to work with us. If you do choose to work with Redfin, our agents are paid on your satisfaction, not commission, so you know you are getting the best deal. If you end up working with Redfin to buy one of the homes you’ve toured, we will share a portion of our commission with you so you can get thousands of dollars back.
The Redfin Open House Schedule is just one more way our team of engineers is partnering with our team of agents to make the home buying and selling process easier. With Redfin technology tools, you can be alerted on your phone, tablet or web browser or in your inbox any time a new home goes on the market that matches your search parameters. You can also set up mobile notifications that will alert you when you’re near a favorite home that is having an open house. And when you’re ready to sell your current home, you can find out what it’s worth, how much money you’ll get from the sale and what other people are willing to pay for it, all using Redfin tools.
Other key features of the Redfin app include:
- Home search: Easily find homes for sale in a specific neighborhood, city, ZIP code or school zone. Since Redfin is a real estate brokerage, the app provides information from local multiple listing services, which means it has 20 percent more homes for sale than other non-brokerage real estate applications, and it is updated more frequently.
- Instant updates: Home shoppers can sign up to receive alerts about their favorite homes or specific searches, so they’ll never miss a home that just hit the market in their desired area, or a price drop on a home they’re interested in purchasing.
- Insider home details. Redfin real estate agents are out touring homes every day, and they provide their insights about the homes they see on Redfin.com and the Redfin app. These “tour insights” provide insider information that home shoppers can’t find anywhere else: if the home is on a busy street, when it appears to have been remodeled last or if it has a great view, for example.
- Home tour requests. Home shoppers can schedule a tour of a home directly from the app. To request a tour, they can just tap the “Add to Tour List” button, and then choose a date and time. A Redfin representative will then get in touch with them to confirm the tour.
Are you ready to plan your open house visits from your PC or iPhone? Here’s a list of steps to take:
- Search for open houses on Redfin.com or the Redfin app.
- View the date and time of the open house from the map or home details page, and select the “save to Open House Schedule” hyperlink/button.
- View your Open House Schedule from the “My Redfin” menu by hovering over your name in the upper right hand corner. You can view the schedule on your PC, print it out or refer to it on our iPhone app!